Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New work from this weekend

In between a lot of driving around the southern half of California this last weekend, a 5 day weekend for me, I managed to get in some painting. I've been wanting to explore using only blue, with a  little white, in a couple of abstracts. So I painted these two pieces. The blue spheres are painted the exact same way but they were placed of different backgrounds which, as you can see, drastically effects the way the globes look.


Here's a couple of pictures that show the details of the paintings so you can see how they look. I put 4 different colors of blue and some white on a piece of cardboard and I'd dab the brush into the the paint, getting darker or lighter blues on the brush based on what part of the globe I was painting. Then I'd just dab the brush straight onto the spheres and let the colors mix or not as they pleased, there are some very interesting little details resulting from this method. I did have to wipe the brush off every now and then when the colors got to blended. I wanted them only a little mixed.



They look especially good when combined together into a dual painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment