Sunday, February 27, 2011

More inspiration.

Driving home the other day I saw a pretty little rainbow and that got me thinking about capturing a little of that beauty for my house. I wanted something that would make a dramatic impact, so fairly large. I hit on the idea of making it long and narrow. I figured about 1' wide by perhaps 5'-6' tall. When I went looking through my pile of boards for suitable ones to make the frame there were none, but there were some nice old 6' tall fence boards about 6" wide. I decided to use those. I cleaned and sanded 2 of them off and covered them with canvas. Primed it then painted the rainbow you see in these pictures. A little narrower than I really wanted but I still think if makes a nice impact in our red painted bedroom, it's 5.5' tall  by 6" wide. Here's 2 a picture with 2 views of it and one of what it looks like on the wall. Kind of cool and now anyone who sleeps in that room can contemplate the beauty of a rainbow before they drop off to sleep and perhaps even dream of rainbows.





By the way my memory device for the colors of a rainbow is ROY G BIV (red, orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo and violet). 

No comments:

Post a Comment